14 August 2010

dark chocolate banana protein shake

I need to get more protein...esp considering i'm a vegetarian AND pregnant.

In an effort to do so, I came up with this recipe.

I am really not a fan of protein powder, and believe me, thanks to my bodybuilding hubby, I've tried plenty of varieties. I needed a way to mask the flavor. Since I'm a chocolate lover, cocoa powder is my new best friend!

Ingredients:

8oz skim milk
1 scoop protein powder (you choose the brand...I think ours provides 24g of protein per scoop)
1/3 of a frozen banana cut into slices (I would suggest cutting the banana BEFORE you freeze it)
1 heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder (or less if you don't like bittersweet chocolate flavor)

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth

I hope this helps any of the rest of you who are protein-shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment