23 July 2010

play sand = cat litter ???


not a craft so much, but a new use for something!
so, this will be one of 3 things for you:
1. an idea you hadn't thought of and will utilize for your feline friends.
2. something so completely obvious you can't believe i posted it.
3. so gross that you're never going to let your kid come over here again.

With all of the backyard renovation this summer our deck has temporarily been shortened and the stairs removed. The beasts couldn't be happier because now they get to have a "field trip" from time to time and go out on the deck. On day I opened the sandbox to see what they would do and sure enough Moo Moo took it upon himself to pee right in the sandbox. I will have you know I CLEANED IT IMMEDIATELY, but got to thinking maybe i should look into using play sand as litter rather than paying at least 10 bucks every week or so for cat litter.

Sure enough, Mr. Picky, himself (Moo Moo, who has had major litter box snob issues in the past) is all about the play sand alternative. I don't think Schmoopie is too impressed, but he's not a snob when it comes to things like that.

Play sand it is...Lowes sells a 50 lb bag for something like $3.88, so i've figured out a way to save a least a few bucks!

Happy poop scooping! GROSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment